This site is the home page for the Design Teacher Education Research Group, a cross-institutional group led by the Queensland University of Technology. We are a growing group of researchers interested in the design education in formal K-12 schooling.
- Design Teachers Queensland: We have facilitated the creation of www.designteachersqld.org a site to support design teachers from across the different teacher associations:
- DATTA (Design and Technology Teachers Association of Queensland)
- QATA (Queensland Arts Teachers Association)
- HEIAQ (Home Economics Institute of Australia, Queensland)
- QSITE (Queensland Society for Information Technology in Education)
It is a broad collaboration of all stakeholders in the QCAA Senior Design Curriculum. It is also supported by the Queensland College of Teachers, the Queensland College of Arts (Griffith University) and by the Creative Industries Faculty (QUT)
2. Design-led pedagogy in the Digital Technologies curriculum: We have received an Educational Horizons grant, led by Les Dawes, Natalie Wright, Nick Kelly, and Jeremy Kerr, to support Queensland teachers in using design to teach the ACARA Digital Technologies curriculum.
Senior Lecturer Andrew Scott (QUT) is leading design teacher professional development research in the group. Contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturer Natalie Wright (QUT) is leading research into design thinking for teachings in the group. Contact Natalie at email@example.com
Senior Research Fellow Nick Kelly (QUT) is leading research into online communities of teachers and is currently facilitating the design teacher education research group. Contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Les Dawes (QUT) brings expertise on STEM education to the research group and is leading research and professional development for design in the digital technologies curriculum. Contact Les at email@example.com
Lecturer Jeremy Kerr (QUT) is a visual communications expert who is leading research into developing teachers capacity for design. Contact Jeremy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Assistant Amanda Robertson (QUT) is a qualified teacher who is leading the team in building relationships with Queensland schools and teachers to bring design to the digitech curriculum. Contact Amanda on email@example.com
Write to us individually on the emails above, or write to the team using the form below: