As we try to help design teachers in Queensland, we plan to work with teacher bodies to create useful knowledge.
As a part of this research we will be addressing the following questions:
- What is the professional identity of a high school design teacher? Aspirationally, what should it be?
- What does high quality professional development for high school design teachers look like?
- How can non design-teachers know whether they would be good candidates for becoming design teachers?
- How do non design-teachers develop a professional identity as a design teacher?
- What impact do professional development workshops have on the knowledge and confidence of non-design teachers?
As we start to answer these questions we will post our findings here.
If you want to be involved in this research – particularly if you’re a teacher – then don’t hesitate to contact us.